Master in Business Administration (MBA) is the most demanding and prominent course in India. Every third student wants to peruse his/her further studies in Management. Whether students belong to the engineering field or are associated with the business and management stream in their early education. MBA course is not even demanding in among the students but companies also looking for an MBA degree holder to fill its vacant position. Like the BBA program, the MBA program also offers a varied list of specializations.
There are 5000 plus management colleges are there at present in India. MBA is a full-time two–year program. Students from any stream like commerce, science, and humanities can opt for an MBA program after completing their graduation. Fresh-out graduates and candidates who have prior work experience in any field can start pursuing their career in an MBA program to grow their career in the field of management. The MBA program develops communication skills and leadership qualities of individuals so that they can build strong managerial decisions without delay.
MBA course offers a wide range of specialization in different domains. You will have an option to opt for any. There are a few major domains are mentioned below.
1. Marketing Management
2. Financial Management
3. Human Resource Management
4. International Trade Management
5. Banking and Financial Management
6. Supply Chain Management
7. Operations Management
8. Retail Management
9. Information Technology and Systems Management
Every Management college and institute serve many or maximum specializations in Management program.
National Institutional Ranking Framework is also known as NIRF is an organization that releases an annual report of Top Management colleges in India. All-India ranking is given to the top 50 or 100 best MBA colleges in India on different bases like infrastructure, faculty and courses, placement, teaching methodology, research, and professional practice and learning and resources. Based on such parameters list of the top 10 best Management colleges are mentioned here along with their fee structure.
Top 10 Best Management Colleges in India
1. IIM Ahmedabad: Indian Institute of Management is at 1st rank in the Top Management colleges in India. The institute offers both a master’s degree course in the management program and a post-graduate program in the food and Agri-business Management program. It accepts the CAT entrance exam to take admission in this college. IIM Ahmedabad announced a fee of Rs. 23 lacks for the year.
2. IIM Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management secure 2nd position in the rank of Top management business school in India. IIMB offers different types of MBA programs with different tenures like MBA one-year full-time Programme, MBA two-year weekend program, and MBA two-year full-time program and also offers PGPPM diploma in a similar domain. IIMB offers a fee of Rs. 23 lakhs.
3. IIM Calcutta: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is in the 3rd position amongst the best MBA colleges in India. IIM-C is a public business school situated in Joka, Calcutta, WB. The first Indian Institute of Management in India was established and recognized as an institute of National Importance. IIM-C announced a fee of Rs. 23 lakhs. Maximum no of placement get from this institute only.
4. IIM Kozhikode: Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode placed at 4th position in the top management colleges. IIM Kozhikode announced a fee of Rs. 19 lakhs. It offers PGP-Finance, PGP – Business Leadership, and PGP- Management is based on the GMAT/CAT score. IIM Kozhikode also offers a Ph.D. program under various specializations is done based on different entrance exams like GMAT/CAT, GRE, and UGC NEET.
5. Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi: Known as DMS, IIT Delhi offers different management programs such as full-time MBA Telecom, Executive MBA program. The basic criteria to take admission to IIT Delhi is the CAT entrance exam. The institute announces a fee lies between Rs 7 lakhs- 9.89 lakhs.
6. IIM Indore: Indian Institute of Management concludes leadership program. It is secured 6th position in the top management school in India. The percentile of IIM Indore is reached up to 98 in the past few years as well as it is known for its excellent placement record. IIM Indore announced its fee of Rs. 16.61 lakhs. This college accepts the CAT/GMAT entrance exam to take admission in it.
7. IIM Lucknow: India Institute of Management Lucknow kept its position at 7th in amongst the top management colleges. IIM Lucknow for its placement services. This institute also serves the maximum no of placements. IIM Lucknow is associated with many national and international corporates. 19 Lakhs is the average annual fee offered by the IIM Lucknow.
8. XLRI Xavier School of Management: Xavier School of Management located in Jamshedpur secure its position at 8th amongst the best management colleges in India. The candidate who wants to join XLRI needs to qualify for the XLRI aptitude test-XAT. XLRI School has a track record of 100% placement for decades. XLRI offers a full-time management program as well as part-time management diploma courses. The annual average fee offered by the XLRI is 23.60 lakhs.
9. VGSOM IIT Kharagpur- Vinod Gupta School of Management: This institute is the internal part of the IIT Kharagpur. It’s on the 9th rank in the best management colleges in India. The candidate who wants to take admission in VGSOM needs to have a valid CAT score and for the foreign candidate GMAT, a valid score is mandatory. The average fee structure for Management courses is Rs. 10.31Lakhs.
10. Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay: This is last but not the list in the category as NIRF ranked till 100 best management schools and colleges in India. This is a part of the IIT Bombay college. The college offers a program in MBA, E-MBA, and Ph.D. programs as well. For the selection in the MBA program, a candidate needs to have a CAT score along with a Personal Interview followed by a written ability Test. The placement cell is associated with different industries like GMCG, Consulting and IT, Healthcare, and others. The average fee structure announced by the college is 8.21 lakhs.
Might this information be helpful to choose the best management colleges or institute in India. The list can be as long as you can as there are 5000 plus MBA colleges are running in India.
Good Luck with your journey.